Are you trying to make a difference and improve employee satisfaction and engagement within your organization?
Here are some fun and useful ways that can help you make an overwhelming impact.
1. Greet all staff: As soon as you run into a coworker or manager make sure to give a sincere smile, say "Hi" and greet them by name. This will help get their day off to a positive start.
2. Don't forget your indirect team: Be sure that you are communicating and showing appreciation regularly to your indirect team as well. This demonstrates that you value the contributions of every single member of your organization.
3. Introducing healthy snack days: Having healthy snacks in the workplace can lead to improved focus as well as higher energy levels. Picking up some healthy snacks for the lunch room can be a great first step.
4. Make Fridays and Weekends more fun: Organize fun events on Fridays or weekends such as special lunches or afternoon activities. Contests and prize giveaways are a great way to end the work week and will help your employees bond, relax, and form strong relationships.
5. Give gifts: Holidays, anniversaries, birthdays and any other special occasions can be marked with personal gifts of recognition. Lottery tickets, gift cards, dinner vouchers are just some examples of the endless ways you can show appreciation for their hard work.
6. Celebrate holidays together at work: Celebrate special occasions within the workplace with a free lunch, gifts and maybe even some decorations. Make the workplace feel more like a family by celebrating holidays together.
7. Workplace upgrade: Ask your staff for suggestions on possible workplace improvements to help them feel more comfortable and productive. Suggestions such as more comfortable chairs or a coat of fresh paint can make a big difference.
8. Award your staff: Small competitions within the workplace can go a long way. By recognizing team members that go above and beyond their job description, you will build future leaders and stronger teams.
9. Free workplace massages: Offering free 15 to 45 minute massages during work hours can be a quick and easy way to help reduce stress. Rest assured your staff will thank you for it.
(Hire a profesional)
10. Say "Thank You" in person: Make sure to say "Thank You" frequently whenever an employee or team deserves a pat on the back. Those two simple words can make a huge difference in your employee's day. So go ahead and thank your staff in person for a job well done. They deserve it.
Transforming the way Employee Engagement is created and maintained in the Canadian Manufacturing SECTOR.
GET IN TOUCH
Mon - Fri : 8:00AM - 5:00PM PST
Burnaby, BC V5H 0E5, Canada
RECENT BLOG POSTS