Employee feedback is important. But what’s even more important is honest employee feedback. Many business owners are quick to assume that online surveys are about the only viable way of collecting such information. However, this is not always the case.
Whilst it’s hard to underappreciate the convenience of online questionnaires, paper-based employee surveys are still going strong, and here are just a few solid reasons why:
Of course, paper surveys are not ideal for all organizations, and there are several factors to consider such as additional effort in planning and processing. However, for many businesses, opting for paper surveys is well worth the effort, yielding amazing response rates and helping connect with the employees.
Hiring a third party that specializes in Paper Employee Surveys is always the best way to receive the most honest employee feedback possible. Which is of course what matters the most.
Industries that can benefit from paper surveys:
- Health Care
What do you think?
Use the comments area below and share your experiences or advice on this topic.
Implementing an Employee Suggestion Box is one of the most efficient ways to collect and analyze valuable feedback, as well as identify practical ways to improve your business. Here are the 3 reasons to start using an Employee Suggestion Box today:
1. New perspective
Using an Employee Suggestion Box can help you obtain surprising yet practical tips on how to improve profitability in your business. Many times, employee suggestions can provide major revelations that if addressed, could significantly improve business operations.
2. Improved engagement
Seeking employees’ opinion is an excellent way to improve engagement and start important conversations. Acknowledging the suggestions and implementing the best ones demonstrates that you value your employees’ opinions, making them more likely to commit more to the business.
3. Driving innovation
Contrary to popular belief, collecting employees’ opinions isn’t all about workplace issues. Oftentimes, after implementing an Employee Suggestion Box, business owners receive innovative suggestions for new products and services! In addition, employees can offer valuable input when it comes to developing effective workplace policies, which is another way of driving innovation with the help from an Employee Suggestion Box.
To get the most of your Employee Suggestion Box, it’s extremely important to set it up correctly! The best approach is to hire a third party to take care, which will increase your chances of receiving unbiased, honest opinions. Employees tend to reveal more information when they are confident their input is anonymous and protected, and in general, they feel more comfortable giving information to a third party than to their own company.
Are you trying to make a difference and improve employee satisfaction and engagement within your organization?
Here are some fun and useful ways that can help you make an overwhelming impact.
1. Greet all staff: As soon as you run into a coworker or manager make sure to give a sincere smile, say "Hi" and greet them by name. This will help get their day off to a positive start.
2. Don't forget your indirect team: Be sure that you are communicating and showing appreciation regularly to your indirect team as well. This demonstrates that you value the contributions of every single member of your organization.
3. Introducing healthy snack days: Having healthy snacks in the workplace can lead to improved focus as well as higher energy levels. Picking up some healthy snacks for the lunch room can be a great first step.
4. Make Fridays and Weekends more fun: Organize fun events on Fridays or weekends such as special lunches or afternoon activities. Contests and prize giveaways are a great way to end the work week and will help your employees bond, relax, and form strong relationships.
5. Give gifts: Holidays, anniversaries, birthdays and any other special occasions can be marked with personal gifts of recognition. Lottery tickets, gift cards, dinner vouchers are just some examples of the endless ways you can show appreciation for their hard work.
6. Celebrate holidays together at work: Celebrate special occasions within the workplace with a free lunch, gifts and maybe even some decorations. Make the workplace feel more like a family by celebrating holidays together.
7. Workplace upgrade: Ask your staff for suggestions on possible workplace improvements to help them feel more comfortable and productive. Suggestions such as more comfortable chairs or a coat of fresh paint can make a big difference.
8. Award your staff: Small competitions within the workplace can go a long way. By recognizing team members that go above and beyond their job description, you will build future leaders and stronger teams.
9. Free workplace massages: Offering free 15 to 45 minute massages during work hours can be a quick and easy way to help reduce stress. Rest assured your staff will thank you for it.
(Hire a profesional)
10. Say "Thank You" in person: Make sure to say "Thank You" frequently whenever an employee or team deserves a pat on the back. Those two simple words can make a huge difference in your employee's day. So go ahead and thank your staff in person for a job well done. They deserve it.